The holidays are a time of family, friends, and festivities. It is also a time of last-minute, urgent calls for plumbers and electricians. Below is a list of reasons that you should schedule your next plumbing and electric check-up and/or service before the holidays.
- Added Stress to Electrical System – Lights, light, and more lights. The holiday season lends itself to a magical time with lots of decorations. Many of these decorations rely on electricity causing your system to be stressed. You will want to make sure that your electric system is in peak condition to handle the usage surge.
- Above Average Plumbing/Septic Usage – Lots of people means lots of additional bathroom use. One little issue (clog, leak, etc.) could grow into a large problem quickly with all of the additional use. This is a great time for your pipes’ annual check-up or a camera inspection to make sure the threat of a bigger problem is not looming.
- Lowered Air Flow – Cold weather requires us to shut our windows and turn up the heat. It is because of this that winter comes with an higher risk of carbon monoxide poisoning and house fires. For this reason you should check all of your safety devices and have your heating unit inspected. This is especially important with older systems.
- Greater Usage of External Outlets – Back to the lights, lights, lights. These visual displays can be especially dangerous if your external outlets are not up to code. All outlets with the possibility of water exposure must be ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCI outlets), protecting you and your home from fire- and shock-causing electric surges.
- Higher Security Concerns – Unfortunately the holiday season also comes with an increase in crime. Now is the perfect time to safe-guard your home by installing safety and security lighting around your home.
Whether you have been concerned with a possible problem or haven’t had your electric and plumbing systems checked this year, now is the time to schedule your next appointment. With all of the stress of the holidays, you can make sure that an electric or plumbing problem is not one of them.
If you have any concerns about your home or want to schedule your next service appointment, please call 800-947-1747 to speak to one of our Customer Service Representatives.