Asian Lettuce Wraps
Jump into the Summer with these Asian Lettuce wraps, delicious and healthy!
16 Butter lettuce leaves
1 lb ground lean ground beef
1 tbl cooking oil
1 onion chopped
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
1 tbl soy sauce
1 tbl rice wine vinegar
2 tsp minced pickled ginger
1 dash asian chile pepper sauce, or to taste
1 (8 oz) can water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
1 bunch green onions, chopped
2 tsp asian (dark) sesame oil
- Rinse whole lettuce leaves and pat dry, being careful not tear them. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef and cooking oil in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard grease; transfer beef to a bowl.
- Cook and stir onion in the same skillet used for beef until slightly tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir hoisin sauce, garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, and chile pepper sauce into onions.
- Add water chestnuts, green onions, sesame oil, and cooked beef; cook and stir until the onions just begin to wilt, about 2 minutes.
- Arrange lettuce leaves around the outer edge of a large serving platter and pile meat mixture in the center.