Proudly Serving San Gabriel Valley
We are available 24/7!
San Garbriel Valley’s most trusted home service experts

Don’t Let an Old Electrical Panel Put Your Home at Risk

While most people rarely ever tinker with their electrical panels on their own, learning more about this system could help prevent serious damage and safety hazards. Learn more about the potential dangers of an old electrical panel and what you can do to stay safe in this short video!

Video Transcript

Was your home built between 1950 and 1989? If so, we have some important information for you about your electrical panel. Certain electrical panels have lost their certification and can actually be quite dangerous. These panels can work fine for years. However, as energy demands in typical homes have increased these panels may overheat and portions of the panel could actually melt. Individual circuit breakers have built-in safety features that shut off power or trip when there’s too much plugged into one outlet or there’s a short circuit. Sometimes a defect panel overheats and the breakers can’t trip or even be shut off manually. The result, wires melt and the panel could overheat and catch on fire.

If your electrical panel is over 25 years old you should have it inspected by a professional electrician. If you’re unsure about your panels age or if you have concerns about your electrical system, give us a call we’ll be happy to help you out.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *